We are looking for a talented and ambitious Junior Communications Manager.
As Junior Communications Manager, you will be linked to our Senior Communications Managers. During the day you will be interacting with our key clients and implement tactics. This means you will draw up messaging documents, press materials, research, pitches and media outreach in close collaboration with the Senior Communications Managers and our Management team.
Growth Inc. is an Antwerp-based strategic communications firm advising international companies, entrepreneurs and exciting scale-ups. The services we offer our clients are: thought leadership, outreach programs, economic consultancy, media relations, public affairs and crisis communications.
We represent fast-growing companies in a variety of fields such as consumer technology, logistics, healthcare, financial services or non-profits. Our team is well-connected, demanding and very ambitious.
- Research media pitches and conduct stakeholder outreach
- Consistently seek out new media opportunities, targets and ways to pitch
- Regularly contribute to Growth Inc.’s blog and social media platforms
- React quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and challenging policy environments
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact relevant clients and firm disciplines
- Read the news daily, searching for newsjacking opportunities or ways to tie client announcements to the wider news agenda
- Support on multiple client accounts, with close attention to detail
- Work hard, grow fast and go places
To apply, you should have the following capabilities and experience:
- Knowledge of and proven interest in media and strategic communications
- Demonstrate strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of strong writing ability
- Be organised, efficient and effective
- Be commercial and result-driven
- Be enthusiastic and motivated in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task and to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- A healthy appetite for news and information, especially related to societal issues, politics and policy
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment: The most overused buzzword in CVs and job offers. This is how we work: Do you need to see the dentist? Is Belgium facing the worst traffic jam ever? Do you need to apply for jury duty? All of these are negotiable. Are we approaching a deadline? We count on you.
- You work for various clients in diverse sectors.
- Always something to learn: colleagues play in a band, move abroad, go kitesurfing and paragliding, are two steps away from the Prime Minister and worked in the film. Got any questions? Fire away!
- Fully stocked fridge. Always a fresh flower on your desk.
- You will never eat alone. (Did we mention our amazing sunlit terrace?)
- And last but not least, our offices are located in the most hipster neighbourhood in the creative capital of the Low Countries.
To apply, please fill in the form below or submit a current resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put ‘Junior Communications Manager’ in the subject line.